Old 26-07-2008, 01:51 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Wil Wil is offline

Default beans vs peas

On Jul 26, 8:13*am, The Cook wrote:
On Fri, 25 Jul 2008 17:05:56 -0700 (PDT), Simon

wrote:
Just curious. *What is the difference between "Beans" and "peas"? *is
there a biological distinction? or just a linguistic/interchangeable
difference?

thanks,
Simon

Different.
Beans are of the genus Phaseolus, bush beans are Phaseolus vulgaris,
pole beans Phaseolus limensus.
Peas are of the genus Pisum.

woosh!...... (as the sound of comprehension does a mach 3 over my
head)

I don't know about you Simon, but that certainly cleared it up for me.
lol

Hey The Cook, can we get that in human language please?

Wil