Old 26-07-2008, 07:05 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
The Cook The Cook is offline

Default Cukes burned again

On Sat, 26 Jul 2008 16:15:53 GMT, "Mike" wrote:

Hi there,

Earlier this spring I planted some cucumber starts in a 6’ by 3-foot plot
that apparently was overloaded with nitrogen.
After a few weeks in the sun they shriveled and died. I then dug out a “V”
section of the plot and replaced it with topsoil then
replanted some fresh starts. It looks like the new ones are starting to burn
as well.

What can be done with this section?
Will I have to wait until the rain washes away the extra nitrogen before I
can plant anything?

First thing to do is get a soil analysis. Your county extension agent
should be able to help you.