Old 26-07-2008, 02:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_3_] Sacha[_3_] is offline

Default Tiny sweetpea

On 26/7/08 12:01, in article ,
"Jennifer Sparkes" wrote:

The message
from Charlie Pridham contains these words:

In article ,
says...
On 26/7/08 10:06, in article
,
"Martin" wrote:

On Sat, 26 Jul 2008 10:01:09 +0100, Sacha
wrote:

When we were at Highgrove we saw the tiniest sweetpea flower I've
ever seen.
Neither of us knew what it was - it's a light blue, all one
colour IIRC and
probably less than an inch across. At first glance we thought
we'd seen a
tiny butterfly. Anyone know what it is?

Vetch? We have the tiniest blue butterflies living in a holly
bush. Guess what
they are called?

Tiny Blue? ;-) No, I don't think it was a vetch. It was in the Islamic
garden, being trained up a wall.

Try Lathyrus pubscens

... or, having looked at that, I found Lathyrus sativus - blue

http://www.tradewindsfruit.com/veget..._sweet_pea.htm

Jennifer

Should have read your msg. before replying to Charlie, Jennifer!
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.com