Old 26-07-2008, 05:20 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Wisteria-1272

"Mary Fisher" wrote

"Marutchi" wrote
I planted this many years ago in what really is a wrong spot. Last year,
to my surprise it flowered for the first time. Not many flowers on this
year, but maybe next year...:-)

I wouldn't have recognised that as wisteria but I've never looked closer
than from a few feet away :-)

Well done for getting it to flower, I never planted one because I was told
it took seven years to flower and thought I might not last as long as
that. That was forty years ago :-)

Oh - and it's a lovely picture but that goes without saying from your lens
:-)

Grafted ones flower quickly, it's the ones grown from cuttings that take
years. Ours hardly grew for a number of years and then in the 5th season
grew 20ft and a couple of years after that it flowered and has done so every
year thereafter. Trunk is now tree sized.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden