Old 26-07-2008, 07:43 PM posted to rec.gardens
JXStern JXStern is offline

Default Are the oleanders coming back?

About five years ago, yet another plant plague seemed to hit southern
California - the ubiquitous oleander bushes were all sagging,
apparently from some internal bacterial infections spread by
sap-sucking insects.

Now, just driving around, I happened to notice that all over town, the
oleanders seem to be doing just fine! And two I have in the front
yard, that we've cut down to the ground twice, are regrown to about
five feet, flowering, and seem to be healthy.

Has anybody heard an official word on this?

Thanx.

J.