Old 26-07-2008, 08:48 PM posted to rec.gardens
Zootal[_3_] Zootal[_3_] is offline

Default Bean and Tomatoe question

Uhh....do you really think chlorothalonil is a good idea?

http://www.pesticideinfo.org/Detail_...Rec_Id=PC34550

Charlie

Not sure. I think a copper spray, which can also control this, might be a
better choice. Chlorothalonil is a very common fungicide, used commercially
on potatoes and tomatoes, but it breaks down to toxic compounds, and is
slightly carcinogenic. No one really knows what the long term effects are as
the symptoms observed in the lab haven't been observed in nature. It's been
used since the 1960s, IIRC. There are certainly worse things I can use, but
I still prefer something a little safer, hence my preference for copper.