Old 26-07-2008, 11:48 PM posted to rec.gardens
Chris[_14_] Chris[_14_] is offline

Default Whitefly and spider mite infestation

On Jul 26, 12:32 pm, Jangchub wrote:
On Sat, 26 Jul 2008 02:47:03 -0500, Charlie wrote:
On Fri, 25 Jul 2008 20:28:18 -0500, "Marie Dodge"
wrote:

How do you suggest we rid the garden of this infestation? If you have no
sensible answers why do you bother to reply?

You wanna know what is sensible? Quit ****ing poisoning my planet!!!!

You are infesting my garden.... my garden being the earth, the only
home I have and the only home my grandchildren have and idiots like you
are ****ing it up.

Why don't you go to the nearest transport and just effing jump off the
earth before you do any more damage. You and the rest of your kind.

You chemicalheads make me want to puke.

Charlie

"For the first time in the history of the world, every human being is
now subjected to contact with dangerous chemicals, from the moment of
conception until death." ~Rachel Carson, Silent Spring, 1962

The interesting thing about this sort of poster is that, not too many
years ago, it was the norm to douse with poisons. I, along with a
handful of others in this newsgroup have been lone soldiers of
organics. Now it seems organics are more the norm. It's truly so
nice to see in my own lifetime. I wish Rachel Carson were still
around to see that at least people are making efforts to stop
poisoning the earth. This is such good news.

Not to put too fine a point on it, but perhaps anyone who used
chemical pesticides or fertilizers was made to feel so unwelcome, they
just stopped posting. There would be no way to differentiate the two
cases at this point.

That would be counterproductive.

I've been on Usenet for longer than I like to imagine (uh, I think I
posted my first article on rec.arts.sf.written in about 198x), so I
have a pretty thick skin. But someone who comes to a group for the
first time, asking for help, and gets slammed too hard, is going have
a reaction along the lines of "What a bunch of supercilious
assholes!" Anyway, I'm as guilty as anyone when it comes to losing my
temper, but really, someone who comes asking for advice can get it
with honey or with fire ants. Which do you think they're more likely
to accept?

Chris