Old 26-07-2008, 11:58 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Rachael Simpson Rachael Simpson is offline

Default Some pepper questions

wrote:
Hi,

*snip*

The little bell peppers seem to be turning red pretty quickly but the
Cayenne peppers are still green.

Do I need to wait until the Cayenne peppers turn red? I have some
really big ones going now but they are all green.

*snip again*

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Steve

Hi,

Why keep waiting on the cayenne? If you want to eat them fresh, you can
go ahead and pick what you want to eat. Leave some to turn red for your
sauces, etc, but for fresh (just chop and add to veggies, etc) to me
they are just as good green. I do wait until they get to be at least 2
inches long before I pick my cayenne. Anyway, you can leave them to turn
red or go ahead and pick a few to eat....

~Rae