Old 27-07-2008, 04:55 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Marie Dodge Marie Dodge is offline

Default Still have whiteflies

"Omelet" wrote in message
news
In article
,
Billy wrote:

The cost of trying to grow some of our own food is more costly than
we'd
pay
at the store we're finding.

So you'd rather pay a lower price to suck down pesticide residues?
Just no accounting for some peoples taste.

Hit the local Farmers Markets.
Ours is every Tuesday.

Not everyone has a farmer's market close by. Ours is at least 30 miles
away. A 60 mi round trip and we learned that many of the so called
"farmers" are nothing but people buying from the big wholesalers and
re-selling it at the FMs. It's no telling where the produce originated.
Also, there is no way to know what chemicals the original farmers used on
the crops.

--
Peace! Om

until they put their foot down." -- Stephan Rothstein