Old 27-07-2008, 01:34 AM posted to aus.gardens
0tterbot 0tterbot is offline

Default ffs, it never ends.... duck invasion

"terryc" wrote in message
news
On Sat, 26 Jul 2008 18:20:03 +1000, Jon wrote:

thank you very much if anyone has ideas or experience.

No experience with ducks.

Basically,what we did with the local black birds was to pick up cheap
netting and string it up in their flight paths, aka the emergency exit
from our garden flight path. Then you frighten them a few times and they
decide elsewhere is safer and better.

I also have a supply of throwing sticks that I can whirr through the air.
No chance of me hitting them (lousy arm now), but they don't know that.

i have fun with that :-)

The problem with hanging Cd's is that many birds can quickly become
accustomed to them, but worth a try.

i was a bit concerned it would keep them ALL away though. even though i
haven't the first idea if it works on ANY of them, anyway!
thanks terry.
kyile