Old 27-07-2008, 12:44 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_3_] Sacha[_3_] is offline

Default Watering question

On 26/7/08 23:54, in article
, "Judith
in France" wrote:

On Jul 26, 10:39 pm, "Pete C" wrote:
Judith in France wrote:
I have a one year old Oleander, about 1 metre and a half high in a
huge pot. It is flowering right now. How often do I need to water
it. Sacha has seen the size of the urn/pot as as she is more au fait
with stuff can probably explain better than I. Help please?

Judith

You do know that it is an extremely toxic plant?
--
Pete C
London UK

I'm not going to eat it sweetie!!!!! Wot bout watering then?????

Judith

I'd say 'drench and drain well in really hot weather', Judith. Basically,
keep an eye on it but while I've never grown it in your conditions, I think
you need to find a balance between drowning it and letting it dry right out
to the point of wilting. It grows in the meridian of roads in e.g. Greece
and must be about as harshly treated as possible in such locations. But pot
culture is different so I think a good drink but good drainage is the way to
go. On cooler, cloudier days, leave it alone. This isn't geared to your
sort of climate but might help
http://www.oleander.org/culture.html

--
Sacha