Old 27-07-2008, 08:41 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default ID anyone?

In article ,
says...
Stewart Robert Hinsley wrote:
In message , Pete C
writes
I assume it's a snail. Clinging to my garden wall. Never seen
anything like it before.
http://www.blackberrymoon.co.uk/wotami/wotami

Capaea nemoralis, or something similar. Famous for having many,
substrate-related, colour morphs.

Thanks Stuart. I Googled for that name. People actually keep them as pets!

I have always known them as "Banded snails" and unlike the big brown jobs
they seem to live above ground in the foliage of plants and are a right
pain with clematis!
--
Charlie Pridham, Gardening in Cornwall
www.roselandhouse.co.uk