Old 27-07-2008, 11:25 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Watering question

On Jul 27, 11:21 am, Martin wrote:
On Sun, 27 Jul 2008 03:08:36 -0700 (PDT), Judith in France

wrote:
On Jul 27, 11:02 am, Martin wrote:
On Sun, 27 Jul 2008 02:58:29 -0700 (PDT), Judith in France

wrote:
On Jul 27, 9:20 am, Martin wrote:
On Sat, 26 Jul 2008 15:54:42 -0700 (PDT), Judith in France

wrote:
On Jul 26, 10:39 pm, "Pete C" wrote:
Judith in France wrote:
I have a one year old Oleander, about 1 metre and a half high in a
huge pot. It is flowering right now. How often do I need to water
it. Sacha has seen the size of the urn/pot as as she is more au fait
with stuff can probably explain better than I. Help please?

Judith

You do know that it is an extremely toxic plant?
--
Pete C
London UK

I'm not going to eat it sweetie!!!!! Wot bout watering then?????

When my son was born, we were given a brochure listing common house and garden
plants that might poison small children. It's amazing any child survives
childhood.

It rained last night. Now it is stifling hot, windless and a 100% humidity AND
sunny. 22C here ATM. On the beach it is 20C and misty.http://www.noordwijk.info/noordwijk/...ms/livecam.asp
--

Martin

It's also amazing that we parents survive their childhood, I started
turning grey when I had my first child, now that I have grandchildren
I will have to resort to L'Oreal (because I'm worth it).

The older they get the bigger the problems. ((((
--

Martin

Don't I know it, unfortunately we are no longer in charge and can't
tell them what they should do, only advise and then they don't always
listen!!!! Deja vu, I'm sure I just heard my Father's voice saying
that lol

and the old guy I worked with at the time we had our first child who told me "my
kids are 40 and the problems get worse every year". I'm reaching the point where
I would rather not know about their latest problems.
--

Martin

That makes two of us, we bring up our children to be independent
adults, we let them go, I cried when both of our went to University.
Now if the phone goes late evening I think please don't let it be
another problem. It's not that they always bring their problems big
or small to us, it's just that if I have a problem, I wouldn't have
worried my late Father with it, I would deal with it myself.

Judith