Old 27-07-2008, 02:30 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Starting plants indoor

On Sat, 26 Jul 2008 10:25:44 -0400, "freckles"
wrote:

I want to start plants from seeds in my bedroom this winter and I want to
get a gro-lite system for this purpose.

Can anyone recommend any that are not too large or too expensive, but still
do a good job?

Thanks,

Don

Not pretty, but two 4-foot tubes (GroLux or Aquarium), utility fixture
with large reflector and timer should be around $60. A bedroom might
not be a good location as 18 hours of artificial light per day is
often recommended.