Old 27-07-2008, 06:09 PM posted to rec.gardens
Buderschnookie[_2_] Buderschnookie[_2_] is offline

Default Natural landscaping and home values

wrote in message

The problem is, we now have the home up for sale and what to us has
been an asset is a liability in the eyes of prospective buyers! They
want us to knock off thousands of dollars from our asking price for
their cost of "cutting down those trees and clearing out all those
weeds in back." They want the big rectangular lawn.

IMO the right buyer has simply not seen the home yet.
I sold last year in a very tough South Florida market, and the entire front
yard was mulched and planted- photos available
http://www.cearbhaill.com/

I have NO doubt that my home sold on curb appeal alone- my buyers just fell
in love with it and had to have it. It couldn't have been the interior of
the home as it still had its original avocado green and harvest gold
bathrooms! Many areas needed work, some substantial.

I had spoken to several people about the situation prior to putting the home
on the market, and the general consensus was that some folks will find a
non-lawn yard a liability and some folks will love it.
I just happened to luck into a couple who loved it after only 30 days on the
market, and they paid full asking.

I realize that this is little help to someone sitting wondering why their
home won't sell. But you asked for experiences and this is mine

Good luck- someone will find it charming, I'm sure.

--
Toni
Hills of Kentucky