Old 27-07-2008, 05:13 PM posted to rec.gardens.bamboo
Kyle J. Kyle J. is offline

Default Need advice! Bamboos are dying

One of the biggest problems folks have with potted plants of any kind are
too much or too little water. Most plants can handle or even need a
thorough drenching but need to dry out pretty good in between. If the roots
aren't allowed to dry out some between waterings they will rot.

I've got a timber bamboo planted last fall in soil that has a tendancy to
hold the water. It didn't do much all winter long while it rained but as
soon as it got hot and the ground started to dry up it got bushy looking and
the roots started spreading out (I could tell cause one of them hit cement
and pushed itself up out of the ground). Keeping in mind that Bamboo's like
"regular" watering - don't keep them soaked _all_ the time.

Kyle J.

"Organic Brigita" wrote in
message ...

I bought 3 bamboos 6 months ago - two black and one golden for indoor
container. They were fine, even few culms showed up. But now- golden is
dead (I will try to save it)... And two blacks looks really bad.. I do
not know why.. I was thinking you might help me. Maybe that container
is too tall and it started roting. Here are pics of container and
current look of my bamboos leaves. Maybe i should transplant it to
different container and soil, and put to lighter space.. Im affraid
that it will not survive transplanting... I really do not know what to
do..... Desperate...

Pls help..

http://tinyurl.com/647zsb

--