Old 27-07-2008, 04:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
K K is offline

Default ID anyone?

Judith in France writes
On Jul 27, 12:20 am, K wrote:
Judith in France writes

On Jul 26, 11:19 pm, K wrote:
Pete C writesChristina Websell wrote:

snippy

Oh, please go out and look ;- ) Joking of course. Nemoralis, in my
experience has fewer bands on the shell and your photo fits exactly
hortentis for me. Other views may vary and I never mind being proved
wrong. I am always up for learning from those who know better, but
for me, it's hortentis.

I'm curious.........how do you and others know so much about
snails? I mean,
this is a gardening group.......snails are a PITA. My original
was made
in the hope that someone may just know, but I never expected this
amount of
knowledge.

Not uncommon to have apparently conflicting interests. I knew a
professional entomologist whose spare time pursuit was growing
insectivorous plants.
--

I remember that you have a few very "interesting"plants yourself Kay?
Do you still have them?

I've just got the butterworts now. Nice plants - seem to be in flower
virtually all the year round.
--

Is your greenhouse/hot house still packed out with cacti?

Not packed out. About half full. The other half has courgettes, peppers,
beans (for the snail free environment) and masses of seelings being
grown on ready for planting out.
--
Kay