Old 27-07-2008, 09:17 PM posted to rec.gardens
paghat[_2_] paghat[_2_] is offline

Default Natural landscaping and home values

In article , "David E. Ross"
wrote:

[cuts]

Provide paths through it,
perhaps paved with bark chips, decomposed granite, or recycled concrete
(broken up sidewalks) as stepping stones. A bench within the native
plants would be a nice place to sit and listen to birds singing.

A natural garden can be much more attractive than a weed lot. Some even
resemble classic English perennial country gardens.

Great advice! We already have some seating areas in our gardens, and if
ours goes on the market someday, I'll try to remember to keep the bench
areas very tidy to enhance the feeling that it's usable space rather than
used-up space.

-paghat the ratgirl
--
visit my temperate gardening website: