Old 27-07-2008, 07:50 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Mike Mike is offline

Default Cukes burned again

"Marie Dodge" wrote in message

I hope you didn't make a mistake our neighbor made one year by using a
fertilizer for lawns that contained a weed killer of some kind. It took
several plantings dying on them before it occurred to them to check the

I'm careful enough to keep the weed killer separate from the other garden
supplies.

The problem I'm sure was using ammonium phosphate via
http://www.johnchapman.com/
Apparently there was even more phosphate damage judging from the cracked
bark on the sunny side of the avocado tree. The melon section had too much
as well though it looks that the vines have become acclimated and have begun
to grow.