Old 27-07-2008, 06:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default What should I plant here?

On Jul 27, 3:33 pm, "Muddymike" wrote:
Its too hot to do any more in the garden for a while so I thought I would
seek advise from the wisdom of this forum.
I have just cleared this area of the garden.http://share.ovi.com/media/Muddymike...e.10533?sort=5
I removed a bucket and a half of bulbs from here and want to plant two or
three flowering shrubs. It looked awful before and as it is situated right
outside the bedroom window of the holiday apartment we let I want it to look
better.

This seems to like it here,http://share.ovi.com/media/Muddymike...e.10534?sort=5
so what else would do well and give colour all summer?

Four types of bulb removed. Third from the left are Bluebells but what are
the others?http://share.ovi.com/media/Muddymike...e.10535?sort=5
I would like to re plant these in a clearing up in the woods, but the area
does not get a lot of direct sunlight.

One other question. This Hebehttp://share.ovi.com/media/Muddymike.Garden/Muddymike.10531?sort=5
Looks wonderful both when in flower and when not. Sadly it is now covering
half the path and I would like to cut it back. How/when would be the best
way to cut it back without spoiling its shape.

I have also just shot another walkround, will upload and post later if
anyone is interested.

Mike

Mike I think the last one on the right is Crocosmia (spelling?). I
have just dug up a load of Crocosmia Lucifer and they look the same.

Judith