Old 27-07-2008, 07:25 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_3_] Sacha[_3_] is offline

Default Tiny sweetpea

On 27/7/08 18:21, in article ,
"Pam Moore" wrote:

On Sat, 26 Jul 2008 10:01:09 +0100, Sacha
wrote:

When we were at Highgrove we saw the tiniest sweetpea flower I've ever seen.
Neither of us knew what it was - it's a light blue, all one colour IIRC and
probably less than an inch across. At first glance we thought we'd seen a
tiny butterfly. Anyone know what it is?

Crucial question Sacha. Was it scented?
I have grown one similar to Jennifer's picture but have no idea where
the seed came from. Mine were not scented.
I have saved so many sweet pea seeds over the years that this year I
mixed them all together. I tried 2 sowings of my mixture and only one
germinated in each pot and it was one of those. Long fine leaves and
tiny pale blue flowers. No idea of variety but mine look like
sativus. So disappointing that there is no scent.

Pam in Bristol

I don't think it was. We were on our way out of that garden right at the
end of the tour so I got the briefest opportunity to smell it and got no
scent.

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.com