Old 08-04-2003, 05:32 AM
Trish K.

Default Landscape Software

ZMUD (oddly) is a game/chat client. Although it doesn't have anything to
do with landscaping, the mapping function allows graphical relationships
and uses an entailed database. The programt concerns internet
communication though, and in my brief experiance with it I read that
Zugg, its creator, was looking for profitable ideas. Perhaps you could
contact zuggsoft, having down all this work already in another fashion
and his understanding of abstracted time and spaces, may prove useful.

Steve wrote:

Oops! I failed to explain my entire desire. I would like to 'graph' the
plant's location in relation to others, the house, etc. so I am looking for
a way to graphically depict the landscape. I will be skipping the 'design'
step and using the design to maintain the inventory.

I am working on a database (that I will keep on my palm pilot) of the
details but would like the 'picture' as well.

Maybe that makes sense!

"Pam" wrote in message

Steve wrote:

Does anyone know of a good program for landscape design? Actually, I'm
more interested in a 'landscape inventory' program to help me keep up

with
what is planted where and when, but I doubt that anything that specific

is
available.

THANKS!

I just use an Excel spreadsheet - columns for plant name, description (if
necessary) date planted and location. Pretty simple and easily updated.
Compiling the thing in the first place is the most work - only then do you
realize exactly how many darn plants you have!

pam - gardengal