Old 28-07-2008, 03:00 AM posted to rec.gardens
Sheldon[_1_] Sheldon[_1_] is offline

Default Natural landscaping and home values

On Jul 27, 7:08�pm, Phisherman wrote:
On Sun, 27 Jul 2008 15:53:51 -0700 (PDT), Sheldon
wrote:

(paghat) wrote:

We would like to live further in the country with more land.

to at least move the rhody
collection and whatever ferns and perennials aren't easily replaced.

If you move to a *real* rural woodland setting you won't need to
landscape, you'll have the real deal... any parking out will look
absolutely fake. �And unless you first build a sturdy fenced area most
any plant you bring will be devoured by deer (and rabbits).

I live in the middle of the city and deer have destroyed over 50% of
what I planted. �The deer killed the neighbors fruit trees by peeling
off the bark. � I either use the electric fence or cover the plant
with chicken wire. �In my case it doesn't look like there is any
difference living in the city or country.

In which city do you live that there's a deer population. I doubt
there are deer in most populous cities (to survive deer need many
acres of forest and meadow to browse), sounds more like the outskirts
of a small rural town/village.