Old 28-07-2008, 04:09 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Glenn[_2_] Glenn[_2_] is offline

Default Some bug ate the leaves off my tomato plants

This is probably what got to them

http://www.coopext.colostate.edu/4dmg/Pests/tomato.htm

"vorange" wrote in message
I thought I'd get a head start and plant my tomatos early this year.
Everything was going well. I planted a whole bunch of heirloom
tomatoes (yellow tomatoes, orange tomatoes, cherry tomatoes, tomatoes
I had cross polinated myself - a beefstake tomato with a tiny cherry
variety).

I planted them in trays, they sprouted, I transplanted them then to
the garden. Some damn bug chewed all the leaves up and killed them
all.

It annoys me no end that they destroyed my tomato plants.

I lost all my heirloom tomato seeds and the ones I had cross polinated
last year. I wanted to see what they would result in. But now its
all gone including my seeds.

F@*# those damn bugs