Old 08-04-2003, 06:44 AM
Twobtold

Default Ideas for 63 x 3 plot sought

Hi --
I'm looking for ideas/suggestions for plants for a 63' x 3' plot.
The town put in new sidewalks & curbs on our street last fall. In doing this
they ripped out the grass plot that separated the sidewalk from the gutter.
They are supposed to come back this Spring and re-seed this plot with grass
seed, but right now it's nearly empty. (4 inches of snow there right now.)
Sunday I planted 4 shrubs the two Cornus alba 'Sibirica' and
two Cornus sericea 'Flaviramea'. I planted them with 5' of space between each
plant. I live in Zone 6, NJ the plot faces ESE.
I don't really know the laws governing planting in these plots, but I saw
this as an opportunity to have something besides grass planted there. I know I
probably can't have an all shrub border there because of people exiting cars on
the passenger side.
Any comments, opinions, ideas or advice welcomed.
TIA