Old 28-07-2008, 08:39 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Nick Maclaren Nick Maclaren is offline

Default Acca sellowiana

In article ,
"someone" writes:

| A friend gave me a foot-high Feijoa sellowiana in 1988 which, not knowing
| any better in those days, I planted in my back garden in ordinary garden
| soil. It has grown into a small tree about 7 feet high, and although it
| looks nice, it never flowered until last year (when we had an extremely wet
| spring). As Jeff said (and I discovered), the flowers are delicious. I
| assume it needs really quite a lot of water, so I watered it copiously this
| spring and early summer.

MOST interesting! That is how discoveries are made. It is quite
possible that the pundits may 'discover' it, and make it into the
next trendy plant. In which case, we should congratulate them on
catching up :-)

It needs a fair amount of water, yes, but is also reasonably drought
resistant.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.