Old 28-07-2008, 12:13 PM posted to rec.gardens
Pat Kiewicz Pat Kiewicz is offline

Default ID help: fragrant crape myrtles?

David E. Ross said:

On 7/27/2008 5:03 AM, Pat Kiewicz wrote:

Based on the bark, especially, I thought they might be crape
myrtles. But fter Googling around, it seems that main opinion
is that scented crape myrtles are somewhat mythological.

The crepe myrtles just outside the Gardens of the World in Thousand
Oaks have white flowers with a very subtle perfume.

Well, it is is possible, then, that I've got these properly ID'ed.

As I said, I've got a pretty good nose for scents. There are genes
involved in the ability to smell various odors, and I've been told
that there are some odors that many people just can't smell.

After enlightenment, the laundry.