Old 28-07-2008, 05:12 PM posted to rec.gardens
paghat[_2_] paghat[_2_] is offline

Default Triffids

In article , zxcvbob
wrote:

Which is better, the 1963 version of "Day of the Triffids", or the 1981
British mini-series? (I haven't seen either yet, nor read the book. I
do know it's not supposed to have a "happily ever after" ending.) Thanks.

Bob

I haven't watched the old movie in twenty years but I liked it as a "bad
movie night" feature to watch with friends who like bad movies in order to
make jokes about everything stupid that happens.

The mini-series I got from netflix only about two months ago. It is
cheaply done and the triffids look like big plastic pitcher plants. Well
enough acted, sufficiently suspenseful, nothing great, but compared to the
feature film, way better than that, you won't just want to be making fun
of it.

The book of course is better than either film by far, but Wyndham's short
stories are better still.

-paghat the ratgirl
--
visit my temperate gardening website: