Old 28-07-2008, 01:53 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
[email protected] farmerdill@bellsouth.net is offline

Default beans vs peas

On Jul 27, 9:37*pm, Simon wrote:
On Jul 27, 5:43*pm, KPawel wrote:

On Jul 25, 7:05*pm, Simon wrote:

Just curious. *What is the difference between "Beans" and "peas"? *is
there a biological distinction? or just a linguistic/interchangeable
difference?

thanks,
Simon

A bean is a has a seed that can be split or broken (when dried) into
two identical halves. With peas, the seeds are whole.
Think of the diffefence between a pinto bean and an English pea. BTW..
a "black-eyed pea" is not a pea. It's a bean.

Kelly Paul Graham
Houston Texas

So I guess a "peanut" should rally be a "beannut" * thanks for the