Old 29-07-2008, 06:42 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Sue Erickson Sue Erickson is offline

Default Carpenter ant problem

On Mon, 28 Jul 2008 08:37:46 -0700, "K Barrett"
wrote:

wrote in message
Hello all,

these remedies, especially for carpenter ants. Since we are not sure
exactly where all the colonies are, we need some kind of bait, but
much of what I've read this evening is discouraging & suggests baits

If you are sure you have CARPENTER ants - call the professionals.
We got them when an oak dropped a dead limb full of the devils on the
drive. It exploded on impact with ants scattered all over the yard
and drive. They will set up house in your hollow doors, sliding
closet doors, house siding, dead limbs in trees in the yard and move
from one to the other freely. If you wake in the night and hear
little scratchy noises or find sawdust beneath a sliding wood door -
CALL the PROS.

They are very difficult to get rid of. You need to find where they
set up house and you need to use a very lethal mix to get rid of them.

Good luck.
SuE
http://orchids.legolas.org/gallery/orchids