Old 08-04-2003, 08:08 AM
gregpresley

Default Native rose

This sometimes is called Cherokee rose, because it spread so quickly in the
south that people thought it was native.
"Elizabeth" wrote in message
.. .
Anybody good with species roses? The white flowered climbing rose is
blooming in Southern Louisiana right now. It is awesome along highway 21

in
Covington and also along I-12. I've a close--up of the bloom from a vine

on
my property in Baton Rouge. Look in the Local Flora file on the site

below.
Tried to get a good pic of the vine's habit, but the undergrowth is too
dense. This rose climbs large trees and cascades with the blossoms facing
out. Very dramatic. Blooms annually in April around here.
If anyone knows the name of this beauty, I'd be very grateful to learn it.
Thanks,
--
elizabeth, Baton Rouge, LA
http://community.webshots.com/user/elott63