Old 29-07-2008, 02:08 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
David Hare-Scott David Hare-Scott is offline

Default Protecting brassiccas

"mw80" wrote in message

Hi

I just wondered how long i should keep my brassiccas covered for? I
have Kale, Calabrese and various cabbages covered with Enviromesh and
just wondered if they should stay like this until they are harvested or
can they be uncovered?

Should i also keep my taller brassiccas covered i.e. Brussels and
Purple Sprouting Broc? If so how do people do this?

Cabbage moths will continue to lay eggs until the weather gets too cold and
they die off, so i would keep the veges covered if at all possible.

David