Old 29-07-2008, 04:05 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Wil Wil is offline

Default Some bug ate the leaves off my tomato plants

On Jul 28, 12:51*am, Omelet wrote:
In article
,

*vorange wrote:
I thought I'd get a head start and plant my tomatos early this year.
Everything was going well. *I planted a whole bunch of heirloom
tomatoes (yellow tomatoes, orange tomatoes, cherry tomatoes, tomatoes
I had cross polinated myself - a beefstake tomato with a tiny cherry
variety).

I planted them in trays, they sprouted, I transplanted them then to
the garden. *Some damn bug chewed all the leaves up and killed them
all.

It annoys me no end that they destroyed my tomato plants.

I lost all my heirloom tomato seeds and the ones I had cross polinated
last year. *I wanted to see what they would result in. *But now its
all gone including my seeds.

F@*# those damn bugs

Probably hornworms. The most rapidly destructive bugs I've ever seen for
tomatoes! The plants might recover. Spray them with BT!
--
Peace! Om

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing..
- Edmund Burke (1729 - 1797)- Hide quoted text -

Just got back in from watering my plants and getting some cucumbers,
tomatoes and lettuce for a salad. Found that 2 stalks of 1 and
another stalk of another of my tomatoe plants had their leaves eaten
also. I looked around the two plants, under leaves and all and could
find the culprit.

It is obvious that something has eaten the leaves and they really did
a number on my plants.

I also found three more of them litle green worms on the leaves of my
lettuce.

Argh!!!!!!

This time I clipped them in half with my shear.

I couldn't find the culprit smong my tomato plants.

Wil