Old 29-07-2008, 05:08 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
ho hum ho hum is offline

Default broad beans - simple question

"K" wrote in message
ho hum writes
Can you just pop the beans out of the pod and re-plant them?

Yes, once they're fully ripe - ie brown and hard. If they're green and
edible, they're too young and will not grow.

whoop's

Oh well, it was only a plant my little one brought home from nursery.

Her Jack the Beanstalk she called it. I stuck it in the garden and it
flowered and the only produce 3 pods, each with 3 beans in.

Yes they were green and edible, and I just chucked them in a tray with some
compost to see what would happen.

So they wont even sprout a little bit then ?