Old 08-04-2003, 08:56 AM

Paph.lowii
Bulbo.echinolabium
Lycaste skinneri
Phal.violacea
Cyp.macranthos
Vanda sanderiana
Disa uniflora
Laelia purpurata

And then there are favorite species, which though the flowers aren't
individually faves, the overall plant performance makes them favorite
plants like: Ansellia africana (hard to beat easy-to-grow with 150
fragrant good-sized flowers every summer!), Phal.schilleriana (currently
40 flowers open looking for all the world like a delicate cloud of pale
pink butterflies), and the little Cirrhopetalum with the pink umbels
which has bloomed eight times the past 12 months, often on multiple

spikes!

And, when they become legally available, these will join the list,
provided I live long enough to survive the delays caused by the whole
CITES crap (after all, all the Phrag.kovachii were about to be farmed
over - and that land has been since. Isn't anyone GLAD some got saved by
being collected????To think that it was almost lost without a trace.):

Paph.vietnamense
Phrag.kovachii

And, though I do love species, let's not forget hybrids can be lovely
and in some cases even better (any doubts, just take a look at a
Trichopilia Charles [marginata x suavis]:
http://www.orchidcourt.com

Tennis