Old 30-07-2008, 05:23 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Omelet[_4_] Omelet[_4_] is offline

Default Some bug ate the leaves off my tomato plants

In article ,
"Marie Dodge" wrote:

A tomato hornworm can take a branch off of a medium sized tomato plant
overnight. Several worms and fairly small plants overnight would be
long enough.

True but they didn't fall from the sky 3" long. :-) You got to catch those
suckers before they reach a size were they can do such horrific damage.
We're always on the lookout for evidence of hornworms.

But they grow so bloody fast! ;-)
One night they are a pinprick and I swear in 24 hours, they ARE 3" long!
lol

Seems that way anyhoo.

Many people swear by BT. It's supposed to be non-toxic to humans and
other animals. Just larval insects.
--
Peace! Om

- Edmund Burke (1729 - 1797)