Old 30-07-2008, 07:59 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
JC JC is offline

Default Container Gardening

"Boron Elgar" wrote in message
On Tue, 29 Jul 2008 08:18:36 -0700 (PDT), Wil
wrote:

On Jul 26, 10:55 am, Boron Elgar wrote:
These photos will show you my deck garden.

It is quite easy to grow fruits and vegetables and flowers in
containers. And they all look so lovely of a fine summer's day.

Boron

Nice! Your lemon cucubers look so good! I only got 1 fruit from my
three plants so far, but lots of flowers though. My English cucmbers
have yielded five nive cukes so far and the regular cucubers have
yielded 6. I got 2 green bell pepper and 20 + tomatoes so far with 2
having ripened and about to be eatened in my salad today.

My beans haven't flowered yet. I'm in DC zone 6 I think.

Thanks for the pictures!

Wil

You are most welcome.

Your cukes should keep producing. Some years they are more prolific
than others, even when the gardening methods used are the same. Mother
Nature can be funny sometimes.

The lemon cukes have come in two-to-one to the Kirbys and the Japanese
ones. Usually I get way more Kirby's than anything else.

The tomatoes, other than the cherries/grapes, are just starting to
ripen fully. We're picking this week for the first time this season.

Boron

I do it this way. Once you get them built, it's the laziest way to garden I
know of. I've got 20 or boxes and plan on many more.

http://www.seattleoil.com/Flyers/Earthbox.pdf