Old 31-07-2008, 02:42 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

Default Brassia Rex Sakata

Oh, go for the greenhouse! If I lived anywhere but Florida I would
absolutely need to have the fuss of a G/H!

Diana

"Faz" wrote in message
Thanks Dianna - This is going to be a challenge as I live in the northwest
and we do get a lot of none sunny days. I may have to break down and buy a
couple of flourescent lights or go hog wild and build a G/H. (LoL).

I do like challenges so there is hope for this lonely orchid.....

"Diana Kulaga" wrote in message
Hi, Chuck,

Try the link below for general information. FWIW, we grow the Brassias
that we have (not too many) in media of coconut husk chips, small
Aliflor, sponge rock and a little charcoal. Some folks add a little
spaghnum to the mix.

Light: Not as high as Cattleyas, not as low as Phalaenopsis.

Temps: Warm to intermediate.

Fert: Same as you feed everyone else.

http://www.clanorchids.com/pages/brsrex.html

HTH
Diana

"Faz" wrote in message
Where can I find info on this orchid? Managed to pick this up for $5.00
but don't have a clue how to look after it. Just could not walk by it
for this price. Now I am in a quandry as how to mother
it.....help.help.help.

Thanks
Chuck.