Old 31-07-2008, 12:12 PM posted to aus.gardens
Jon[_5_] Jon[_5_] is offline

Default Sick eggplants

Chookie wrote:
In article

,
brucef wrote:

My eggplants grew well for a while, then they started to get this lacy
sort of dieback. They never really recovered and this would appear to
be the final stage:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bruce_f/2712262067/

Anyone have any idea what might have caused this?

I agree with everyone else that your problem is called 'winter'.

I use this to work out when to plant things:
http://www.global-garden.com.au/ggplantguide.htm

Love the website global garden...
But we have global warming which will help....
The problem is being worked on as we speak.
We have organised "global warming" to deal with your problem
Please be patient as we turn the weather around.
We are getting cooperation from the Chinese and the Russians, who feel
they have suffered winters far too long. An example of this is the
modified fast growing black Russian tomato. http://tinyurl.com/622sd7
They taste terrific. And no colour does not affect t he taste. They
taste the same in the dark.
http://tinyurl.com/5wddm5

As well as all the Russian girls who email me, wanting to live here.
Penguins have recently decided to migrate to Argentine are the vanguard
of a huge invasion. http://tinyurl.com/57f8up
I for one dont blame them.