Old 31-07-2008, 12:49 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Clark[_2_] Clark[_2_] is offline

Default Plum Tree Growing Back?

Greg wrote:
I had a plum tree in my front yard that I loved that was blown down
completely in a storm we had two months ago. I had a tree service
remove it and they left just a small part of the stump in the hole
that was created when the tree was blown over. I was planning on
filling the hole and re-seeding grass over it until I decided if I
would plant another plum tree there or not. In the meantime,
however, a nice new growth of about 2 feet has grown from the plum
tree stump. It seems to be growing at a fairly good pace. Since I
liked this tree so much and am not sure I could find the same species
at a local nursery (it was about 25 years old) I am wondering if I
could grow a new plum tree from these "remnants" of my old plum tree.
Any thoughts/advice on this?

yes it should grow back, I had a willow tree that had blown over (huge tree)
well we just put a large flower pot on the stump and sure'nuff it did start
growing back a couple months later.
the house has since been sold, the new growth is about 6 years now and the
tree is about 35 feet tall..
Clark...
--
Don't you have Google in your part of the world?