Old 01-08-2008, 07:44 AM posted to rec.gardens
Simon[_7_] Simon[_7_] is offline

Default Basil rooting

On Jul 31, 6:59 pm, Chris wrote:
Hi all,

Since I have a gathering coming up soon, I took a couple snips of
shoots from my potted basil plant and plunked them in water. They seem
to be rooting just fine, but the apex leaves have turned black. I
pinched them off and am going to plant them in pots tomorrow, but is
this anything I should seriously worry about? As far as feeding them
to guests and family, I mean.

Thanks,

Chris

Unless you used questionable chemicals to spur the root growth, you
should be fine serving basil made from cuttings.

thanks,
Simon