Old 01-08-2008, 10:01 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Eggs Zachtly Eggs Zachtly is offline

Default Sprinkler Pipes & Tree Roots

Clark said:

Eggs Zachtly wrote:
Bill Smith said:

I want to upgrade my sprinkler pipes from the old steel pipes to the
new pvc pipes. The steel pipes have been there since 1976 and I
think their have interior corrosion that's reducing the water
pressure. There is a large tree in my front yard with lots of roots
that have grown arround the steel sprinkler laterals. Does anyone
have a creative suggest for replacing these pipes without injuring
the tree?

How far from the trunk are the pipes?

who cares?? I would just dig up the roots, as the roots should not to be
buried because they need air and water right?
Clark...

*kicks shin*

=P
--