Old 08-04-2003, 10:56 AM
RichardS

Default Which plants for the shade?

"garry parker" wrote in message
I am moving into a flat which has a small back garden, but I noticed that
the garden doesn't get any sunshine until very late afternoon, and then

it's
only a thin strip at the end which gets lit up.
Some of the plants are brown and dead, so could anyone recommend plants

and
flowers that would be suitable, but which have nice bright colours?
I don't know anything about gardening, but we are moving here mainly to

have
the chance of our own small garden, as we are fed up with being stuck in a
flat after being at work all week.
Thanks a lot.
Garry

Well, planted some Lilly of theValley last year (gift from parents who were
keeping theirs in check) in a corner that almost never gets sun, under a
pyrocanthus.

I noticed this weekend that it's coming up _everywhere_ in the corner - it's
definitely happy and has taken off.

cheers
Richard

--