Old 02-08-2008, 02:27 AM
Elizabeth J Elizabeth J is offline
Registered User

Default Elizabeth J CA, USA

I'm new... I live in Zone 7 in a handmade adobe home. Front door faces east with about 6 hrs. of sunshine in the mornings, so the walls stay warm for a long time. I want to plant a climbing rose to cover the front wall. I can remove adobe pavers and plant in the terrible soil, which I can amend, or should I plant in a container and cover it in winter? It can freeze here no more than two or three days running. Any suggestions? And which roses can you recommend. I'm looking for something with color that will show nicely. Thanx