Old 01-08-2008, 06:29 PM posted to rec.gardens
Patrick Patrick is offline

Default Virginia Creeper dying help please

eira.williams@g wrote:

Hi I'm new to these boards so I'm hoping that someone out there can help
me.

I have a very large and extended Virginia creeper which was beautiful
untill 3 days ago when the top half of it turned brown and it looks
like its dying off. I haven't changed the way its looked after, I'm
not a brilliant gardner so have pretty much left it alone so this was a
real surprise to find that it appears to be dying. The bottom half is
still very green and bushy so should I cut it back to where the green
is or just leave alone and keep my fingers crossed ? any advice would
be greatly appreciated.

Well, depending on where you live, if I were you I would cut that sucker
down and dig the root out of the ground and burn it. Here in Florida
that stuff is almost as noxious as kudzu. I'm constantly fighting it. it
takes over everything and grows new little plants from the berry it
drops on the ground.

Patrick
St. Petersburg, Florida