Old 02-08-2008, 10:50 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
[email protected][_2_] dpydotsmw@hotmail.com[_2_] is offline

Default Tree reccommendation?

Dear all,

We have a particularly ugly block of flats overlooking our garden:
http://img128.imageshack.us/my.php?i...8081009rz4.jpg

I want to plant a tree between the trees you can see in this picture
to provide screening. The existing trees are beyond our boundary on
the other side of a high wall/fence. The ideal height and shape would
be a the same tree as the one you see on the right - anyone able to
identify that? Or any other ideas? I have toyed with the idea of the
dreaded leyland cyprus, but I'm not very keen on them.

The base of the tree would be no more than 10 metres from the back of
the house.

By the way I'm well-aware that (with the exception of the leylandii
possibility) this is long-term planning, I'm hoping for a bit more
privacy in our retirement!