Old 02-08-2008, 04:28 PM posted to austin.gardening
B. Server B. Server is offline

Default seed request for rain lilies

On Fri, 25 Jul 2008 11:06:21 -0500, Omelet
wrote:

Charles,

I don't know whether the plants I have are the ones in which you are
interested. We have a rain lily in our yard that is a bright, butter,
yellow, rather than copper-yellow. If you are interested, let me know
by reply to this newsgroup and I can supply either seeds as they
become available or bulbs/corms. (I have propogated some of them for
neighbors and friends)

Rgds.

Yellow?

The rain lilies in our area I've seen are all white!

Same basic size, shape, and habit but the flowers are a bright yellow.
I would post a photo somewhere, but the blooms are gone now and the
seed pods are coming out.

I had no idea that they were a native type rather than a cultivated
type that escaped. I guess that the fact that they come true to color
from seed suggests that at least they are not hybrids.

--BS