View Single Post
  #7   Report Post  
Old 03-08-2008, 12:46 PM

First recorded activity by GardenBanter: Nov 2006

I'm delighted to read this post because I really DON'T like Ms Klein.

I find her voice grating, her accent annoying, her appearance ingratiating (silly fluttering of eyelashes looking up into camera) and I wish they'd replace her.

The final straw for me was her pronounciation of Hee-mer-OCK-a-lees.

Flying in the face of public opinion, I also didn't care for Monty Don very much - what happened to his eyebrows?

Finally, I've gone off the other bloke, Joe someone: in my opinion he's turning into a garden version of Jamie Oliver with his mock norf Lunndunn lispy accent, and his horrible turns of phrase.

I appreciate that they can't bring back Alan Titchmarsh (shame, shame) but I hope that they'll try some different faces. Perhaps then I can go back to watching it.

Oh, and does anyone else feel a bit Sarah Raven-ed out? When she first came on the show, I thought she was wonderful: big girl, not chosen for her looks, sensible country wellies and comfy clothes, keen and easy to listen to. However, after a year or two of reading her articles in GW mag and the Telegraph, every thing she says is followed by "these flowers available from S R cutting garden" or "this course now being run by S R cutting garden" or "this tool marketed by S R cutting garden" and it's all starting to feel like one big plug for her commercial enterprises.

There, I'm done now.