Old 03-08-2008, 07:44 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
FarmI FarmI is offline

Default Film cotainers for seeds? R They Safe?

wrote in message

I was thinking of useing old film containers to store seeds for next year
but
someone said that these containers are full of chemicals and aren't safe
for
seeds. Does anyone use these, or has any knowledge in regards to the
safety of using film containers to store seeds in?TIZ

I use a variety of things for seed saving, these include; film canisters,
envelopes, dark brown glass bottles from medications/vitamins, clear glass
vials that used to hold vanilla pods, small Moccona coffee jars. And if I'm
stealing seeds from a plant I see when I'm out and about it can be a tissue
or a handkerchief or just the zippered section of my purse or my pocket
or......