Old 03-08-2008, 08:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Tweedy Janet Tweedy is offline

Default Earthmaker compost bin good or gimmick?

In article , Nick Maclaren
writes

Or you could do what I do.

You buy 8-10 metres of pig netting, cut it in half and tie it
together with 1.5 mm galvanised iron wire, forming two loops.
You then hammer four 2 metre lengths of gas pipe, old swing tube
or whatever into the ground, holding the loops in a square.
When you come to remove it, you work the pipe out and lift the
netting off (it can be a bit of a pain, but it's not too bad).

You can put a loop of polythene inside the wire, or not, as
you want - with a lot of woody stuff, it works better with, but
gets too wet if you have too much kitchen waste.

And I just move it around the patch. Lasts for ages, and costs
very little.

Not sure if I understand why you cut it in half and then tie it
together? (Absolutely hopeless at thinking in 3d)

However I'll certainly consider it.
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph